Section 1: Overview
Once an enrollment request has been completed, the requester (group admin or broker) will receive a reply from TBS confirming the member’s enrollment and the effective date.
Newly enrolled members can then register to www.aetna.com within 24 to 72 hours to access their health benefits information. The group admin should advise the members to register on the website themselves as it will require them to provide HIPAA data.
Section 2: First Time User Registration
Members can either use a computer’s or their mobile phone’s browser to access the Aetna website.
- Go to www.aetna.com.
- Click on the Log In
- Make sure the Member as a role is selected. Click on Register under the Don’t Have an Account
- The New User Registration page will open next.
- Step 1 of 4 is to provide the members’ personal information.
º Members can sign up using their SSN or their Aetna Member ID. Make sure to populate the mandatory fields marked by an asterisk (*) correctly
º If they prefer to use their Aetna Member ID, it can be found on the physical ID card that they will receive via mail within seven to ten business days once TBS confirms their enrollment.
- Proceed with the succeeding steps.
- Step 2 of 4 - Validate Identity. Choose the preferred method of communication, either call, text, or email to move forward. Enter the 6-digit pin you will receive.
Note: The members’ Explanation of Benefits (EOB) will be sent directly to the members’ address on file unless the paper option is turned off under this set up. It will then be available electronically through the Member Secure website.
- Step 3 of 4 - Create Account.
- Enter a unique username and password.
- Select a security question the provide the answer. This will be used in the event you forget your password.
- Step 4 of 4 – Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Section 3: Secure Member Log In Website
Once the account creation is completed, members can then proceed to the Secure Log In page. Though it, members can:
- Access their digital Member ID Card.
- Find nearby doctors, hospitals and walk-in clinics.
- Access their health care plan documents.
- Estimate their out-of-pocket costs.
- Compare costs and quality of area hospitals, medical procedures and prescriptions.
- Take advantage of a whole host of health and wellness programs.
Alternatively, members can also download the Aetna Health app on their mobile phones.